Saturday 28 March 2015

My story...

At Northleigh House School, I teach art & photography to children who as a result of being bullied in a mainstream school setting come to us to rebuild their confidence and return to learning in a therapeutic and safe environment. Located in the middle of the countryside in Warwickshire, it is a haven for our students to nurture their creativity and self esteem.
Throughout my time here I have met some of the most inspiring young people.  I have seen them flourish from the shy and vulnerable to the happy and ambitious people they are now. Through art and photography, our students have learnt how to express themselves in a creative way. They also have the opportunity to gain qualifications in GCSE Art & Design and I will use this blog as a platform to showcase all of their great work!

Scarlett Shellis (Art & Photography teacher)


No comments:

Post a Comment